Wisteria sinensis 'Caroline'
(Chinese Wisteria) Wisteria sinensis 'Caroline' is found in the wild growing up cliffs and trees in Western China with beautiful, lilac-blue flowers even as a relatively young plant.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 8 - 12 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A charming climber, found in the wild growing up cliffs and trees in parts of Western China with beautiful, lilac-blue flowers even as a relatively young plant. These flowers have a wonderful scent which can be noticed from some distance away once established.
A popular plant for training along wires or up trellis against a sunny house wall or fence and Wisteria sinensis 'Caroline' is also extremely effective when grown through established trees or shrubs!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Lilac-blue
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Wisteria sinensis 'Caroline' grows to be a large climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- Notes: Prolific flowering can be encouraged by pruning branches back to create stumpy spurs in August and February. This plant is also known as Wisteria sinensis 'Amethyst'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Climber - Large (over 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like