Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus'
(Chaste tree) A rare shrub, Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' has aromatic green leaves and fragrant, slender, white flower panicles in late summer or early autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Shipped within 2 - 4 working days
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A rare shrub, Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' has aromatic green leaves and fragrant, slender, white flower panicles in late summer or early autumn. The flower spikes of Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' are a little similar in appearance to those of Buddleja (Butterfly Bush) and popular with insects.
Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' is a very attractive flowering shrub, best for a nice sunny position. In very warm gardens, it can sometimes be grown as a very small tree.'
- Position: Warm in full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' requires a hot, sunny position to ripen the new growth in the summer and produce most flower spikes.
- Flowering Period: August - October
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: In the UK Vitex agnus-castus 'Albus' will generally grow to be a medium sized, rounded shrub. Possibly a very small tree in warm/hot gardens
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: To encourage flowering, prune out the old, flowering shoots in early Spring.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), Rare and Unusual, To grow in a pot