Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton'
Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a handsome, medium sized, semi-evergreen shrub with masses of fragrant, creamy-white flowers in early summer.
Enter code autumn75 at checkout for 10% off plants on orders over £75 (web only)
Priority 1 - 2 day courier delivery service also available *Surcharges apply for Northern Scotland, Highlands & Islands
5% discount on all plants ordered via our website for collection from our nursery.
A handsome, medium sized, semi-evergreen shrub with masses of fragrant, creamy-white flowers in early summer. The narrow leaves of Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' are bronze when they first emerge in spring, darkening to green as they age, before turning vivid shades of plum purple or red in autumn/winter if they fall. Clusters of red fruit appear in autumn gradually darken to black before falling.
Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a low maintenance garden shrub with plenty of interest through the year.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Viburnum x hillieri 'Winton' is a semi-evergreen plant and will drop its leaves in cold winters. In a very warm, or sheltered garden the leaves may stay on all year round.
- Flowering Period: June
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large, branching shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: This plant is hybrid between Viburnum erubescens and Viburnum henryi first selected at Hillier Nurseries.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Fruit - Ornamental