Viburnum plicatum 'Grandiflorum'
(Doublefile viburnum) Native to parts of Japan this is an exciting deciduous shrub with very showy, rounded clusters of long-lasting, creamy white flowers in early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to parts of Japan this is an exciting deciduous shrub with very showy, rounded clusters of long-lasting, creamy white flowers in early summer. These flower clusters of Viburnum plicatum 'Grandiflorum' can be up to 8 - 10 cm in diameter on an established plant! The leaves are dark green and can turn shades of deep red or purple before falling in a good, crisp autumn.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized shrub with a semi-tiered habit once established.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Viburnum plicatum 'Grandiflorum' can be grown as an unusual and handsome wall shrub if desired.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
- On sale!