(Verbena) Well known and reliable, Verbena bonariensis is a perennial with clusters of attractive lilac-purple flowers on tall stems from early to late summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Well known and reliable, Verbena bonariensis is a perennial with clusters of attractive lilac-purple flowers on tall stems from early to late summer. The tall flower stems do not usually require staking and are very popular with bees and butterflies.
With its height, Verbena bonariensis is ideal for planting at the back of a border and usually flower best in a sunny position with some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Most soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - September.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Verbena bonariensis is a clump forming perennial with tall flowering stems.
- Height: up to 150 - 180 cm (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large (1.2m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers