Vaccinium corymbosum 'Brigitta Blue'
(Blueberry) A selection fruiting later in the year, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Brigitta Blue' grows to be a small to medium sized shrub with dark green summer leaves and masses of tasty light blue fruit in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A selection fruiting later in the year, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Brigitta Blue' grows to be a small to medium sized shrub with dark green summer leaves and masses of tasty light blue fruit in autumn. The leaves turn fiery shades of red and orange before falling in autumn.
Best fruit if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Although self fertile, this plant will produce a much better crop of berries when planted alongside another blueberry such as Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop' or 'Berkeley'.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot, Autumn Colour, Fruit - Edible
- On sale!