Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold'
(Blueberry) A small to medium sized shrub, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' has masses of sweet blue berries in mid to late summer.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A small to medium sized shrub, Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' has masses of sweet blue berries in mid to late summer. The dark green leaves in spring / summer turn brilliant, fiery shades of red and orange before falling in autumn.
Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluegold' will produce its best crop of berries if planted in a sunny position and can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small densely branching shrub.
- Height: 1.5 - 6 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m - 6 (5 - 6 ft)
- Notes: Although self fertile, this plant will produce a much better crop of berries when planted alongside another blueberry such as Vaccinium corymbosum 'Bluecrop'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Edible, Honey Fungus Resistant, To grow in a pot
You might also like