- On sale!
(Mortina) A rare and handsome small shrub, Vaccinium floribundum is evergreen with bronze-red young leaves, turning dark green later in the year.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
A rare and handsome small shrub, Vaccinium floribundum is evergreen with bronze-red young leaves, turning dark green later in the year. Established plants have racemes of rose-pink flowers in early summer, followed by red edible fruit later in the year.
Although Vaccinium floribundum can be grown outside, it requires a warm, sheltered position ideally and generally establishes better in Southern or otherwise mild of the UK. Can be grown well in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, acid soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires a warm, sheltered position and possible protection in winter.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Vaccinium floribundum grows to be a small densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: up to 1 m (3 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that although lovely, Vaccinium floribundum can suffer damage in the winter or if planted in a poor position / not protected in a cold garden.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Edible, To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like