Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall'
(Japanese Water Elm) New to us, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a handsome small tree with dark green serrated leaves which turn vivid shades of dark red in the autumn before falling.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
New to us, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a handsome small tree with dark green serrated leaves which turn vivid shades of dark red in the autumn before falling. Upright when young, established specimens develop a strong vase-shaped habit.
Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' will usually give its best display of autumn colour if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from very strong wind.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' grows to be a small to medium sized tree.
- Height: 10 - 12 m (32 - 40 ft).
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- Notes: Despite the common name, Zelkova serrata 'Burgundy Fall' is not really an elm and therefore not attacked by Dutch Elm Disease.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like