Sorbus 'Hillings Spire'
(Columnar Rowan) New to us, Sorbus 'Hillings Spire' is vigorous and grows to be a narrow, upright tree with pinnate mid green summer leaves with orange/red autumn tints.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
New to us, Sorbus 'Hillings Spire' is vigorous and grows to be a narrow, upright tree with pinnate mid green summer leaves with gold and orange/red autumn tints. Established plants have clusters of white flowers in late spring/early summer followed by masses of dark yellow berries in autumn.
A columnar tree, suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus 'Hillings Spire' grows to be a narrow small tree.
- Height: approx 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Narrow
You might also like