(Willow-Leaved Stachyurus) A rare semi-evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Stachyurus salicifolius has long, narrow, dark green leaves and once established drooping yellow flowers in early spring.
Supplied Size: This unusual plant is rarely available. Please use the notification system below if you wish to be contacted if/when more are available.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A rare semi-evergreen shrub native to parts of China, Stachyurus salicifolius has long, narrow, dark green leaves and once established drooping yellow flowers in early spring.
Stachyurus salicifolius requires a warm position in a sunny garden to thrive and requires protection from cold winter winds. Best suited for experienced gardeners.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile, well-drained soils.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Stachyurus salicifolius may require protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: Feb-March.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow - Moderate
- Habit: Stachyurus salicifolius grows to be a small or medium sized, branching shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will replace a Stachyurus salicifolius which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
You might also like