Liriodendron x 'Doc Deforce's Delight'
(Early-flowering Tulip Tree ) A very rare hybrid between Liriodendron chinense and Liriodendron tulipifera which flowers as a much younger plant then the ordinary tulip tree.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
(Early-flowering Tulip Tree ) A very rare hybrid between Liriodendron chinense and Liriodendron tulipifera which flowers as a much younger plant then the ordinary tulip tree. The tulip-like flowers usually start to appear after 4 - 8 years on semi-mature specimens. The leaves are dark green, spade-like in shape and turn superb shades of golden yellow before falling in autumn. An exquisite garden tree.
Supplied Size: 3L pots (approx 3 years old, 40 - 60 cm tall) - very limited availability this year
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Liriodendron tulipifera does generally not grow well in dry soils, prone to drying out in summer.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Large branching tree.
- Height: 30 m (98 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft).
- Notes: This plant will produce better quality, larger leaves in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like