Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii
(Yellow-flowered Tree Peony) A lovely plant native to China, Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii has masses of bowl shaped, nodding, golden flowers in early summer and deeply divided, green leaves.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Yellow-flowered Tree Peony) A lovely plant native to China, Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii has masses of bowl shaped, nodding, golden flowers in early summer and deeply divided, green leaves. The colourful flowers are eye-catching and stand out well against the green foliage.
A superb, low maintenance flowering plant for a sunny border or informal garden!
Supplied Size: 4L / 5L pots (seed grown, four years old, approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Paeonia delavayi var. ludlowii grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with an upright, open form once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Unless seed is required, deadhead Paeonia delavayi var. ludlowii after flowering.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like