Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii
(Yellow-flowered Tree Peony) A lovely plant native to China, Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii has masses of bowl shaped, nodding, golden flowers in early summer and deeply divided, green leaves.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Yellow-flowered Tree Peony) A lovely plant native to China, Paeonia delavayi var ludlowii has masses of bowl shaped, nodding, golden flowers in early summer and deeply divided, green leaves. The colourful flowers are eye-catching and stand out well against the green foliage.
A superb, low maintenance flowering plant for a sunny border or informal garden!
Supplied Size: 4L / 5L pots (seed grown, four years old, approx 40 - 60 cm tall)
- Position: Sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Golden-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Paeonia delavayi var. ludlowii grows to be a medium sized branching shrub with an upright, open form once established.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft)
- Notes: Unless seed is required, deadhead Paeonia delavayi var. ludlowii after flowering.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like