- On sale!
Sorbus aria 'Lutescens'
Available Winter 2018
(Whitebeam) Lovely tree with leaves that emerge as a bright silvery-grey colour in spring, darkening to grey-green later in the summer as they age.
Supplied Size: Sorry, now sold out. If you are interested in pre-ordering this plant with a deposit please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at email@example.com
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
Lovely tree with leaves that emerge as a bright silvery-grey colour in spring, darkening to grey-green later in the summer as they age. Established plants of Sorbus aria 'Lutescens' has clusters of white flowers in late spring followed by red fruit in late summer or autumn.
A robust small tree with a neat and reasonably compact habit and excellent spring foliage interest.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus aria 'Lutescens' grows to be a small branching tree with compact, upright habit.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft)
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Colour - Blue/Silver
You might also like