Trachelospermum asiaticum 'Summer Sunset'
New to us, Trachelospermum asiaticum 'Summer Sunset' is a slow growing, evergreen climber with vivid orange, red and gold variegated leaves, particularly colourful in Spring and Summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Trachelospermum asiaticum 'Summer Sunset' is a slow growing, evergreen climber with vivid orange, red and gold variegated leaves, particularly colourful in Spring and Summer. Established plants have clusters of fragrant creamy-white flowers in summer which turn yellow with age.
Suitable for a warm, sheltered position in sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Warm in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Trachelospermum asiaticum 'Summer Sunset' requires shelter from cold winter wind and protection from severe frosts.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Trachelospermum asiaticum 'Summer Sunset' grows to be a small to medium sized climbing plant.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Small (less than 2.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Summer, Foliage - Variegated, Scented