Thuja occidentalis 'Rheingold'
(White Cedar) Thuja occidentalis 'Rheingold' is a handsome, slow-growing conical conifer with golden yellow foliage which turns golden-bronze in the winter.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
Thuja occidentalis 'Rheingold' is a handsome, slow-growing conical conifer with golden yellow foliage which turns golden-bronze in the winter. Very mature plants gradually become more rounded in habit.
Best foliage colour if planted in a sunny position. Ideal for planting as a standalone conifer or in a line to act as a low screen, it can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Thuja occidentalis 'Rheingold' will grow as a small to medium sized shrub, conical when young gradually more rounded once established.
- Height: 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small, Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers