(Yew Tree) Taxus baccata is a beautiful evergreen conifer which can be grown as a tree or pruned to shape which is native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
The yew is a beautiful evergreen conifer native to parts of Europe, North Africa and East Asia. They are very long lived plants, with some surviving for up to 2000 years, making it the longest lived tree in Europe.
A handsome standalone tree if left to its own devices, Taxus baccata can also be pruned to create a superb formal hedge.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Medium sized tree with an open, rounded habit if left unpruned.
- Height: up to 15 m (50 ft)
- Spread: 10 m (32 ft).
- Notes: All parts of Taxus baccata are poisonous and should not be eaten!
- Larger Sizes: We can supply yew plants at larger sizes if required. If you would like a quote, please call our office on (01530) 413700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the number & size of plants you require.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium, Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Large, Shrub - Small, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Windy, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers