Syringa pekinensis 'Yellow Fragrance'
(Lilac) Syringa pekinensis 'Yellow Fragrance' is an unusual small tree with showy, fragrant, creamy-yellow flowers in early summer once established.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Syringa pekinensis 'Yellow Fragrance' is an unusual small tree with showy, fragrant, creamy-yellow flowers in early summer once established. Attractive green summer foliage with occasional bronze or yellow autumn tints before falling. Mature trees develop handsome bark.
A little slow growing initially this tree is tolerant of dry soils and ideal for small gardens, flowering best if planted in a nice sunny position.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained soil. Syringa pekinensis 'Yellow Fragrance' is notably drought tolerant.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June
- Flower Colour: Creamy-yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Small branching tree, oval when young and more rounded when mature.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft) if left unpruned
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: Syringa pekinensis 'Yellow Fragrance' will flower best in a warm, sunny position.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Scented