Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer'
(Lilac) An attractive flowering lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer' has panicles of scented lavender flowers in early summer when established.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An attractive flowering lilac, Syringa vulgaris 'Katherine Havemeyer' has panicles of scented lavender flowers in early summer when established. The leaves are bright green turning yellow/bronze before falling in autumn.
A large shrub or eventually very small garden tree with good late spring/early summer colour, ideal for planting in a sunny border.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Large branching shrub in the short term or eventually very small tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft). [3 m (10 ft) in ten years]
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft). [2 m (6 ft) in ten years]
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Scented, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like