- On sale!
Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa
(Nodding Lilac) An unusual Lilac native to China, Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa has lovely dropping panicles of colourful purplish-pink flowers, 15 - 20 cm long in early summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 10 - 15 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual Lilac native to China, Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa has lovely dropping panicles of colourful purplish-pink flowers, 15 - 20 cm long in early summer. The leaves large, mid green and oval.
Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa grows to be a large shrub and the best display of flowers will usually be seen when planted in a warm, sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: Purplish-pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Syringa komarowii subsp reflexa grows to be a tall multi-stemmed shrub or small branching tree with an open crown.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Syringa reflexa.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented
You might also like