Styrax japonica 'Emerald Pagoda'
(Snowbell Tree) Selected in the USA, Styrax japonica 'Emerald Pagoda' is vigorous (compared with other Styrax) and has lush, dark green leaves and masses of large white flowers in early summer once established.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Selected in the USA, Styrax japonica 'Emerald Pagoda' is vigorous (compared with other Styrax) and has lush, dark green leaves and masses of large white flowers in early summer once established. The leaves turn shades of yellow and bronze before fallin in autumn and jade pearl-like fruit appear after the flowers have gone over on mature plants.
Styrax japonica 'Emerald Pagoda' is an unusual and lovely garden tree suitable for a position in sun or dappled shade with shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Styrax japonica 'Emerald Pagoda' prefers shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a small to medium sized tree somewhat conical tree with arching branches.
- Height: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft)
- Spread: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!
- On sale!