Styrax japonica 'Pink Snowbell'
(Snowbell tree) A new selection, Styrax japonica 'Pink Snowbell' has masses of bell-shaped, pale-pink, pendant flowers in early to mid summer.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands . We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard with Sagepay (Opayo)
A new selection, Styrax japonica 'Pink Snowbell' has masses of bell-shaped, pale-pink, pendant flowers in early to mid summer. The leaves are darker in colour than those of the otherwise very similar Styrax 'Pink Chimes', emerging very dark green, sometimes purple-green although not usually as dark as those of Styrax 'Purple Dress'.
Lovely, reliable small tree with masses of flower once established.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil. Tolerates damp but well drained soil. Avoid wet or waterlogged sites.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Styrax japonica 'Pink Snowbell' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small branching tree with an open crown.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Styrax japonica 'Pink Snowbell' will flower as a young plant, usually within 2 - 3 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering in Summer, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, To grow in a pot, Rare and Unusual