Styrax japonica 'Pendula'
(Weeping Snowbell Tree) A new and gracefully weeping selectionof snowbell tree, Styrax japonica 'Pendula' has fragrant, bell-shaped, white flowers in mid summer and an elegant, weeping habit appearance.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A new and gracefully weeping selection of snowbell tree, Styrax japonica 'Pendula' has fragrant, bell-shaped, white flowers in mid summer and an elegant, weeping habit appearance. In our experience this plant is best trained up a cane to the required height and then allowed to weep down.
Styrax japonica 'Pendula' is an unusual and lovely garden tree with cascading branches once established.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Styrax japonica 'Pendula' prefers shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a very small branching tree with weeping branches.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Styrax japonica 'Pendula' flowers as a young plant, usually within one of two years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual, To grow in a pot
- On sale!