Styrax japonica 'Pendula'
(Weeping Snowbell Tree) A new and gracefully weeping selectionof snowbell tree, Styrax japonica 'Pendula' has fragrant, bell-shaped, white flowers in mid summer and an elegant, weeping habit appearance.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A new and gracefully weeping selection of snowbell tree, Styrax japonica 'Pendula' has fragrant, bell-shaped, white flowers in mid summer and an elegant, weeping habit appearance. In our experience this plant is best trained up a cane to the required height and then allowed to weep down.
Styrax japonica 'Pendula' is an unusual and lovely garden tree with cascading branches once established.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Styrax japonica 'Pendula' prefers shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a very small branching tree with weeping branches.
- Height: up to 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Styrax japonica 'Pendula' flowers as a young plant, usually within one of two years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Habit - Weeping, Rare and Unusual, Suitable for Containers