Styrax japonica 'Pink Chimes'
(Pink-flowered Snowbell Tree) A rare and beautiful small deciduous tree, Styrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' has masses of bell-shaped, pale-pink, pendant flowers with yellow stamens in mid summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare and beautiful small deciduous tree, Styrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' has masses of bell-shaped, pale-pink, pendant flowers with yellow stamens in mid summer. Lovely, reliable small tree with dark green leaves and masses of flower and an established specimen in our gardens attracts many admiring glances each year.
Best in a position in sun or light, dappled shade with shelter from strong winds. May be grown in a container in dappled shade.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile, lime free soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil. Not suitable for wet, waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Styrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small branching tree with an open crown.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Styrax japonica 'Pink Chimes' flowers as a young plant, usually within 2 - 3 years.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant, Suitable for Containers, Habit - Architectural