Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails'
(Mexican Feather Grass) A handsome grass, Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' forms an upright clump with narrow thread-like leaves and arching flower panicles in summer.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome grass, Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' forms an upright clump with narrow thread-like leaves and arching flower panicles in summer.
Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' usually grows best in well drained soil with full sun. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained soil. Dislikes wet or waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Stipa tenuissima 'Pony Tails' grows to be a small clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 60 - 80 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- Spread: 40 - 60 cm (2 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Nassella tenuissima 'Pony Tails'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Grass - Small (under 3 ft tall), Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)