- On sale!
(Pheasant's Tail Grass) A lovely grass from New Zealand, Stipa arundinacea has arching, lush green blades which gradually darken to buff orange, red and gold in late summer and autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A lovely grass from New Zealand, Stipa arundinacea has arching, lush green blades which gradually darken to buff orange, red and gold in late summer and autumn. The seed-heads provide winter food for seed-eating birds.
Stipa arundinacea is a versatile grass with a soft, flowing habit and is very suitable for low, flowering borders.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Stipa arundinacea grows to be a small clump forming grass.
- Height: up to 100 cm (3 ft)
- Spread: 100 cm (3 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Anemanthele lessoniana.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Grass - Medium (3 - 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Leaf Colour - Purple/Red
- On sale!