(American Bladdernut) Staphylea trifolia is an upright shrub or eventually very small, deciduous tree with pale green leaves arranged in three parts and pendulous clusters of white flowers in spring.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Staphylea trifolia is a medium sized to large, upright shrub or eventually very small tree with pale green leaves arranged in three parts and pendulous clusters of white flowers in spring. These handsome flowers are followed by inflated, bladder-like fruit ripening from green to reddish brown. Unusual in the UK.
Best display of flowers will usually be seen if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: April-May.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Staphylea pinnata grows to be a large, branching shrub or very small tree in time.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £16.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £12.95