Staphylea holocarpa 'Rosea'
(Chinese Bladdernut) A rare and lovely plant native to parts of China, Staphylea holocarpa 'Rosea' has beautiful clusters of pale-pink flowers in spring and bronze young leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare and lovely plant native to parts of China, Staphylea holocarpa 'Rosea' has beautiful clusters of pale-pink flowers in spring and bronze young leaves. The flowers are very pretty and can be produced in large numbers on an established plant.
After flowering Staphylea holocarpa 'Rosea' can produce seeds in inflated, bladder like capsules in a good position (it is these seed capsules give rise to the common name). An exquisite, spring flowered garden plant!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Staphylea holocarpa 'Rosea' appreciates shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Large branching shrub or very small tree once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £22.50New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £35.00