(European Bladdernut) Staphylea pinnata is an upright deciduous shrub with pale green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves and drooping, long panicles of white flowers in late spring or early summer.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An upright deciduous shrub native to Europe, Staphylea pinnata has pale green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves and drooping, long panicles of white flowers in late spring or early summer. These attractive flowers are followed by inflated, bladder-like fruit later in the year.
Staphylea pinnata is an curious shrub and makes an interesting addition to a garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: April-May.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate..
- Habit: Staphylea pinnata grows to be a large, branching shrub in time.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual