(European Bladdernut) Staphylea pinnata is an upright deciduous shrub with pale green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves and drooping, long panicles of white flowers in late spring or early summer.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An upright deciduous shrub native to Europe, Staphylea pinnata has pale green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves and drooping, long panicles of white flowers in late spring or early summer. These attractive flowers are followed by inflated, bladder-like fruit later in the year.
Staphylea pinnata is an curious shrub and makes an interesting addition to a garden.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Flowering Period: April-May.
- Flower Colour: White.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate..
- Habit: Staphylea pinnata grows to be a large, branching shrub in time.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 3 m (6 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £22.50New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £20.00
New Price Each £12.95