(Rowan) Sorbus 'Titan' is an unusual small tree which once established has striking large clusters of edible dark purple-red berries in autumn which are high in vitamin C.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Sorbus 'Titan' is an unusual small tree which once established has striking large clusters of edible dark purple-red berries in autumn which are high in vitamin C. The pinnate (feather-like) leaves are dark green in colour with purple and red tints before falling in autumn.
The best display of fruit will be seen if planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus 'Titan' grows to be a small, branching tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Rare and Unusual, Fruit - Ornamental, Fruit - Edible, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also likeNew Price Each £38.00
New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £32.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00
New Price Each £25.00