Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita'
(Japanese Rowan) A small shapely tree once established, Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita' has fine, shiny green leaves in the summer and vivid rusty orange and red autumn colour.
Free P&P for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A small shapely tree once established,Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita' has fine, shiny green leaves in the summer and vivid rusty orange and red autumn colour. Clusters of flower in early summer are followed by masses of small red fruit in the autumn.
Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita' is an excellent tall shrub or eventually small tree suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils. Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita' does not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged soil and needs decent drainage to thrive.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus commixta 'Carmencita' grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental