Sorbus 'Chinese Lace'
(Cut-leaf Rowan) A small tree, Sorbus 'Chinese Lace' has handsome deeply cut, dark green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves which turn glorious shades of red, orange or yellow before falling in autumn.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
A small tree, Sorbus 'Chinese Lace' has handsome deeply cut, dark green, pinnate (feather-like) leaves which turn glorious shades of red, orange or yellow before falling in autumn. Clusters of white flowers in spring are followed by colourful orange/red berries late in the year.
With foliage interest all through the year, Sorbus 'Chinese Lace' is an excellent small tree for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus 'Chinese Lace' grows to be a very small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: up to 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like