Sorbus hupehensis 'Pink Pagoda'
(Chinese Rowan) A delightful species of rowan, Sorbus hupehensis 'Pink Pagoda' has a very good display of berries in autumn and is native to central and western China.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A delightful species of rowan, Sorbus hupehensis 'Pink Pagoda' has a very good display of berries in autumn and is native to central and western China. This is one of the best forms of Sorbus hupehensis and has fine, greenish-grey leaves which develop excellent red tints in a good, crisp autumn.
Clusters of small white flowers in early summer that are followed by masses of pink-tinged white berries which last well into winter.
Sorbus hupehensis 'Pink Pagoda' is a lovely small garden tree!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus hupehensis 'Pink Pagoda' grows to be a small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: This plant is also known as Sorbus oligodonta 'Pink Pagoda'.
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also likeNew Price Each £19.95New Price Each £18.00
New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £17.50New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £9.95