Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel'
An unusual introduction to the United Kingdom, Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel' has narrow, light green leaves which turn brilliant glowing amber, orange and red in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual introduction to the United Kingdom, Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel' has narrow, light green leaves which turn brilliant glowing amber, orange and red in autumn. The oldest specimen we have in our arboretum has not yet fruited here and we eagerly await to see the colour of the berries which may be red or possibly amber!
Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel' is a spectacular small tree, grown for its attractive leaves and stunning autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel' grows to be a small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Sorbus folgneri 'Emiel' can tolerate dry or windy positions and atmospheric pollution making it a good street tree.
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £18.95New Price Each £9.95