Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop'
(Chinese Rowan) A graceful small tree with arching branches, Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop' has small clusters of white flowers in late spring and eye-catching, large, bright yellow fruits in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A graceful small tree with arching branches, Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop' has small clusters of white flowers in late spring and eye-catching, large, bright yellow fruits in autumn. The deep green, oval quite narrow leaves, which often colour well in autumn have silvery-grey tomentose beneath!
Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop' is a spectacular small tree, grown for its attractive leaves, berries and autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop' grows to be a small, branching, rounded tree.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 -16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Sorbus folgneri 'Lemon Drop' can tolerate dry or windy positions and atmospheric pollution making it a good street tree.
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
- On sale!