(Vilmorins Rowan) A handsome and somewhat unusual tree native to China, Sorbus vilmorinii has apple green, fern-like leaves which turn red and purple in autumn before falling.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome and somewhat unusual tree native to China, Sorbus vilmorinii has apple green, fern-like leaves which turn red and purple in autumn before falling.
Creamy white flowers in early summer are followed by masses of rose-red berries in autumn which change to white, flushed with pink as winter progresses. The photos shows the early autumn colour, just before the berries turn white!
A splendid, low maintenance tree which is especially suited to smaller gardens.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Sorbus vilmorinii grows to be a small branching tree with elegant, arching branches.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also likeNew Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £40.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00