(Sweet Box) A rare and splendid evergreen shrub, Sarcococca wallichii has large, glossy, bright green leaves and masses of sweetly scented white flowers in winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A rare and splendid evergreen shrub, Sarcococca wallichii has large, glossy, bright green leaves and masses of sweetly scented white flowers in winter. Native to Nepal, this typically grows to be a slightly taller plant than other Sarcococca and prefers a warm, sheltered garden.
- Position: Warm and sheltered in sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist, well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Frost tender. Sarcococca wallichii requires protection from cold winter winds and usually grows best in mild, Southern Counties of the U.K.
- Flowering Period: December - March.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Please be aware that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace a Sarcococca wallichii which is damaged or killed in the winter by cold or a late spring frost.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Scented, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Rare and Unusual