Sarcococca hookeriana var digyna
(Sweet Box) Sarcococca hookeriana var digyna is a densely branching small to medium sized, evergreen shrub grown for its superb display of white scented flowers in winter.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Known for its beautifully fragrant white flowers with pale pink stamens in February, Sarcococca hookeriana var digyna is a handsome evergreen shrub. The leaves are mid to dark green in colour and more narrow than those of the similar Sarcococca confusa.
Sarcococca hookeriana var digyna is suitable in size for even the smallest of gardens and a particularly good choice of shrub for an area near a door where the flowers fragrance can be appreciated, it will also grow well in a large container or pot.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist, well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: December - March.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sarcococca hookeriana var digyna grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub. Can be pruned to shape if required.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Winter (December - February), Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented, To grow in a pot