Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace'
(Cut-leaved Black Elder ) A splendid hardy shrub with lovely finely divided, purple-black leaves which are particularly striking when viewed against a bright background or open sky.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A splendid hardy shrub with lovely finely divided, purple-black leaves which are particularly striking when viewed against a bright background or open sky. Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' also has pretty clusters of rich pinkish-white flowers in midsummer.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' grows to be a medium sized, upright shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Sambucus nigra 'Black Lace' can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like