Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma'
Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a vigorous, medium sized tree which enjoys damp ground conditions with narrow green leaves and long elegant, weeping branches.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Golden Weeping Willow) The traditional weeping willow, Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a fast growing tree which forms an elegant, weeping dome once established. The young shoots are a rich golden colour, which slowly darken to brown as they mature and the leaves are pale green and narrow.
Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' is a superb large tree for planting next to streams or ponds!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil. Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' enjoys damp or wet soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized, rounded tree with long, weeping branches.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 15 m (50 ft) .
- Notes: Salix sepulcralis 'Chrysocoma' has a vigorous root system and this tree should not be planted to close to buildings or drains as the roots can cause damage to foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall), Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Habit - Weeping
You might also like