- On sale!
Rubus fruticosus 'Merton Thornless'
(Blackberry) Rubus fruticosus 'Merton Thornless' is a vigorous branching shrub producing masses of large, tasty blackberries in early autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Rubus fruticosus 'Merton Thornless' is a vigorous branching shrub producing masses of large, tasty blackberries in early autumn. The stems are free of thorns.
Robust and hardy, the best crops of fruit will be seen if planted in a sunny position with some shelter from very strong winds. The fruits can be eaten fresh or may be used to make delicious jellies, pies or cakes.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Tolerates damp (but not waterlogged) soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Rubus fruticosus 'Merton Thornless' grows to be a medium sized spreading shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft) .
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible, Good for Wildlife (Birds), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also likeRegular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £65.00
- On sale!
New Price Each £22.50New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £65.00