- On sale!
Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus'
(Double-flowered Bramble) An unusual bramble, Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is a deciduous shrub with eye-catching double, pink pompom-like flowers in mid summer to late summer.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An unusual bramble, Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is a deciduous shrub with eye-catching double, pink pompom-like flowers in mid summer to late summer. The summer leaves are dark green and the stems are dark brown in the winter once the leaves have fallen.
Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' is highly vigorous once established and can spread quickly. Best planted in a container to restrict the roots to some degree if needing to restrict the size.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most soil. Avoid waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: pink
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Rubus ulmifolius 'Bellidiflorus' grows to be a large, spreading, densely branching shrub with arching stems.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) or up to 1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned yearly.
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like