- Sold Out
Rubus thibetanus 'Silver Fern'
(Ghost Bramble) A distinctive plant, Rubus thibetanus 'Silver Fern' has delicate fern-like, silvery-grey leaves and young stems covered in tiny thorns and a handsome silvery-white bloom.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A distinctive plant, Rubus thibetanus 'Silver Fern' has delicate fern-like, silvery-grey leaves and young stems covered in tiny thorns and a handsome silvery-white bloom. The arching stems are particularly eye-catching once the leaves fall and this Rubus is a fine addition to a winter garden!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized densely branching, suckering shrub if unpruned.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) or 1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned to the ground yearly.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Rubus thibetanus 'Silver Fern' makes an effective garden plant if pruned back to 30 cm (1 ft) above the ground each spring each year or every two years before coming into leaf. This reduces the end size and encourages it to produce vigorous upright stems with particularly good winter stem colour.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Ornamental Bark, Foliage - Blue/Silver, Honey Fungus Resistant