Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia'
A popular garden tree, first raised at a nursery in Holland in 1935, Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' has leaves that are rich golden yellow from late spring until autumn.
This plant is currently listed on our website for Information Only - While an attractive tree if thriving, Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' does not seem to enjoy our wet summers and we no longer produce them.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A popular garden tree, first raised at a nursery in Holland in 1935, Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' has leaves that are rich golden yellow from late spring until autumn. These colourful leaves give lots of summer colour and are a superb foil for other plants with purple foliage or against dark backgrounds.
Often seen in gardens around the U.K., Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' thrives in a warm sheltered spot with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Fertile, well drained soil. Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' does generally not grow well in soils which are very wet, or prone to water logging.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' grows to be a medium sized branching tree with a somewhat rounded crown once established.
- Height: 15 m (50 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- Notes: As a young plant, Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia' usually grows with a strong main leader and it can take one or two years for branches to develop and the shape to 'fill out'.
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy