(Evergreen Flowering Currant) An unusual native to parts of Western China, Ribes laurifolium is an evergreen shrub with lovely, sweetly scented flowers in late winter or early spring.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual native to parts of Western China, Ribes laurifolium is an evergreen shrub with lovely, sweetly scented flowers in late winter or early spring. The cup-shaped, flowers are greenish-yellow and hang in pendant clusters. They stand out well against the large, dark green leaves. A charming, low garden plant.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ribes laurifolium requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: Greenish-yellow
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ribes laurifolium grows to be a small, spreading shrub.
- Height: 1 m (3 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: Ribes laurifolium can be slow to establish and often take a year or two to settle down when first planted out.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Scented