Rhus typhina 'Radiance'
Rhus typhina 'Radiance' is an unusual and eye-catching medium to large shrub with salmon-pink young leaves which turn a pale golden-green later in the year with excellent autumn colour.
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
(Staghorn Sumac) A fantastic new form of the popular sumach tree, Rhus typhina 'Radiance' has bright salmon-pink young leaves which turn a pale golden-green as they age. Later the leaves turn vivid shades of scarlet, orange and gold in autumn before falling!
An unusual and eye-catching garden plant with superb autumn colour.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Rhus typhina 'Radiance' grows to be a large branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Rhus typhina 'Radiance' will tolerate poor soils and grow well in reasonably dry conditions once established.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow
You might also like