Rhus typhina 'Laciniata'
Rhus typhina 'Laciniata' is an elegant hardy, large, branching shrub with long and deeply cut dark green leaves which turn exquisite shades of red and orange in autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
(Cutleaf Staghorn Sumac) A large, branching shrub, Rhus typhina 'Laciniata' has long, finely dissected, dark green leaves which turn exquisite shades of red and orange in autumn. In winter after the leaves have fallen, the velvety stems are eye-catching with an architectural appeal.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Rhus typhina 'Laciniata' will tolerate poor soils and reasonably dry conditions once established.
- Hardiness: Hardy
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Rhus typhina 'Laciniata' grows to be a very large, rounded branching shrub.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Rhus typhina 'Laciniata' will sucker over time. These can be dug out and removed every few years if it is necessary to limit the eventual size.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like