Rhaphiolepis 'Coates Crimson'
(Indian Hawthorn) Rhaphiolepis x delacourii 'Coates' Crimson' is an evergreen plant with panicles of pink, star-shaped flowers throughout late spring and summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
(Indian Hawthorn) An attractive evergreen plant, Rhaphiolepis x delacourii 'Coates' Crimson' has slender, erect panicles of pink, star-shaped flowers throughout late spring and summer. The leaves are oval, dark green and glossy.
A neat garden shrub with handsome flowers suitable for a position in sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any reasonably well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: April - June
- Flower Colour: Pink
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small, rounded branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Notes: This plant is a hybrid between Rhaphiolepis umbellata and Rhaphiolepis indica.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual