Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line'
(Columnar Alder Buckthorn) A new and exciting introduction, Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line' is an upright, deciduous shrub with very narrow, fine, dark green leaves which turn butter yellow in autumn before falling.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A new and exciting introduction, Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line' is an upright, deciduous shrub with very narrow, fine, dark green leaves which turn butter yellow in autumn before falling. The upright shape and narrow foliage looks nearly bamboo-like. Established plants have an interesting, mottled bark.
An excellent choice of plant for gardens with limited space or for growing in a large container!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp (but not waterlogged) soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, narrow upright shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Rhamnus frangula 'Ron Williams' and Frangula alnus 'Fine Line'
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Habit - Narrow, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant, Foliage - Unusual Shape